We went to this race with our friends Kyle and Lisa. They picked us up and we went to Peoria. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from our house. I'm really not sure how Lisa and I were able to talk our husbands into dressing into tu tu's or tights or anything they had on. This is one reason how I know our husbands love us so very much because they dressed up in these ridiculous costumes to have fun with us.
Lisa and I are devils to show that "The devil made me do it." Ha. I made Jason's and my tu tu's and they turned out ok except they were a little long and were full of static. Next time I will make them shorter and easier to run in. I'm so grateful to Lisa for going to the Halloween store and getting not only fun wigs, but the tights for Jason and all the other fun stuff. It was a great time. During the race we would check out some of the really old gravestones. It was fun to run some, walk some, goof off a bunch. If you want to check out the website for this race go here.
This race has many good points:
- Finishing medals--this year were gorgeous.
- Great food after the event.
- Easy packet pickup
- Chip timing bib
- Bib for your scrapbook
- music before and after the event
- medical tent
- lots of parking close to the event
- Marathon and marathon relay options.
- lots of porta poties
- You run through a cemetery and that is just fun.
- plenty of water/gatorade stations in case you needed them.
The bad points are:
- This year the course didn't seem as well lit as last year
- The pavement had seriously deteriorated from last year so there were tons of pot holes and broken pavement everywhere so you really had to watch your step or you would roll an ankle or die.
I took a few pictures so here they are. I should have taken pictures of all the awesome costumes I saw because there were some great ones this year.
|All of us. Jason is showing some leg.|
|Lisa and I in our devil outfits.|
|Posing for another group picture with a giant cat.|
|The front of his costume.|
|The back of Jason's costume|
|Another great group picture.|
|The awesome finishing medal.|
|The race bibs.|
|Close up of the medal.|