I like to set goals all the time, mostly weekly because I feel those are easier to achieve and won't let you down if you miss a weekly goal.
I also like to make "what I call Ultimate Goals"
Here are a few of mine for the year of 2015:
- Complete an Olympic and Half Ironman Triathlon
- Do a Sprint Triathlon faster than I've done it in the past, so that means faster than 1:44:29 for a 600 yard swim, 15 mile bike and 5K run.
- Run the Air Force Triple race and complete it strong, meaning at the end of the 23.1 miles I still feel like I could run more. This race is something I have registered for, it is on September 18th and 19th in Dayton, Ohio. You run a 5k on Friday night, then on Saturday morning run the 10K at 7:30 a.m., you then have to finish the 10K within the hour no matter what because the half marathon starts at 8:30 a.m. I have wanted to do this for 3 years, but didn't have a 10K timed race under an hour yet. Now I do so I'm ready. I'm currently, most times doing a 10K distance under an hour in practice, so I'm looking forward to my next 10K timed race to see how that goes.
- Try for milage every day. Even if it's a walk on Sunday, that is mileage.
- Swim at least once a week.
- Run over 1000 miles this next year. Last year I did 834.60 miles. I know I can do better than that.
- Bike more often, try for once a week.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables every day.
Here is how the first week of 2015 actually went:
Monday:taught Sculpt and Zumba
Wednesday: Ran 5.40 miles 22 degrees, 15 mph winds
Thursday: Ran 5.45 miles. 32 degrees, 15 m.p.h. winds, taught Sculpt
Friday:Ran Sprint intervals for 3.5 miles on a treadmill, swam 700 yards, lifted weights. Ran 2.05 miles outside. Total running for the day was 5.55 miles
Saturday: Ran 6.40 outside 36 degrees.
Sunday: Speed Walked, partially ran because dog dragged me 1.15 miles.
Totals for Week 1:
Sculpt classes: 3
Zumba classes: 1
Ran 22.80 miles
Swam: 700 yards
Good about week 1: Was active every day with Sunday being the lightest day for a rest.
Happy about my mileage on the days I went out. Trying to be more consistent with doing mileage every day.
Bad about week 1: Didn't bike
Goals for week 2: Bike and swim once. Run more miles than I did last week. Eat better than last week. With the holidays I was naughty.