Friday, June 26, 2009

Diagnosis

The MRI results came back and I have a ganglion cyst in my right ankle

Explanation:

Ganglion Cysts form when tissues surrounding certain joints become inflamed and swell up with lubricating fluid. They can increase in size when the tissue is irritated and often can "disappear" spontaneously. These masses or cysts appear to grow sometimes but they are not tumours or cancerous.

I asked the doctor if I can continue teaching classes and she said, I can teach as much as I want, the problem is the more I teach the more I will hurt in my ankle. When I do too much the ankle will get really large, then with rest and ice it will go down again. The doctor said if it gets too painful they can go in and take all the fluid out, but most times they don't get it all and then the cyst will come back.

So basically I'll have pain forever. Bummer for me.

2 comments:

The Duke said...

I'm sorry! This doesn't sound too fun forever. I wish there was something you could do to take care of it permanently. It isn't fun to be in pain when you want/need to do something healthy (like walking, exercising, etc.). It is kind of discouraging.

Papa Doc said...

I have never heard of this before. I'd try to get them to get it all. can't be worse that just putting up with it.

Dad Clark