Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Gyms--New Opportunity

A place called "A New You" in Coralville, Iowa http://www.anewyouia.com/ hired me to do Zumba for them.

At first I was going to teach Tuesdays and Thursdays, however I just don't have the time to give up 2 nights a week. When I looked at my calendar, and the all the children's activities and with Caleb on tour I just don't have a 2nd night to give. So I agreed to just Tuesday nights.

This place has many unique weight loss methods and they encourage all employees to try out everything so we can tell everyone about it, so I see a European wrap or Algae wrap in my future. They both sound interesting and since they are free to me I am curious to try them.

The other place I'm working at is the North Liberty Recreation Center. I will teach Zumba one day a week there, and Body Sculpt 3 days a week. The pay isn't as great and isn't a sure thing, meaning if only 2 people sign up for your class then your pay is maybe only $7.00 for that hour. However if 8 people sign up for your class then you'd get $28. for that hour. This could be an incredible opportunity or a waste of time.

Like for instance the Body Sculpt so far has 5 in it, at least on Monday it did and with the rate per class that they are doing I will get $10.50 for Monday's class. That class really needs 10 in it to be worth my time for the pay I want and deserve per class. But then there's Zumba, with just 6 people in the class it would be great for pay.

So it's my job at the Rec center to make sure I advertise and get people in my class. I hope to grow the numbers and get lots of people there, otherwise I'll have to have them raise the price per person per class and I really don't want to do that. Typically $3.00 a class is what people like to pay, but then there are places (the big gyms) that charge $7.50 a class and people pay that.

1 comment:

The Duke said...

I'm glad to hear that you were able to pick up some classes from the new place. Is this the place you visited while we were there? Hopefully lots of people will come out.