Sunday, March 20, 2011

Long way, but not long enough

Each week I'm scheduled to run further than the week before in order to properly train for my half marathon.  This past week I kept putting off the long run..  I was very nervous to do it.  I had major anxiety towards it.  Every time I would think about it, I quickly thought of better things I could be doing and then did them.  I cleaned my room and closet so well that I was able to get 3 garbage bags of clothes and other items to either donate at Goodwill or consign at STUFF.  So one could say my room looks awesome.  When I finished cleaning my room on Friday afternoon, Jason said to me, "Aren't you going to do that long run?"  I told him I could still do it on Saturday and it would be in the week.  He suggested I just get it over with because Saturday could be full of things to do as well.  I already knew the route I'd run because I planned it out on the computer on a site called www.mapmyrun.com   It's fun to plan your routes and it's also fun to just go running and come back and see how far you actually went.  Last week I did 8.5 miles so I had to run further than that to meet my goal.  So I left on the run.  My run included Mormon Trek Blvd., Melrose Ave., Westgate St., Benton St., Camp Cardinal Blvd., and  2nd Ave.  It seemed at one point that I was running forever and I guess I kinda was because it took me an hour and a half to run the 9.5 miles.  There are parts of the run I don't quite remember so I guess that means I was focused.  I know I was paying attention to my right knee and trying to land lighter and not strike so hard.

I'm so glad the long run is over and I hope that next week when I have 10-10.5 miles that I can get through it without problems.

No comments: