Saturday, June 30, 2012

2012 Hog Wild Days 5K--Hiawatha, Iowa

Saturday, June 23rd was a nice cooler morning for June. The temperature was in the 70's and the humidity was medium. Tracy met me at the house, then I picked up Stephany and Rhoni Jo, then we traveled to the race. Rhoni Jo picked up all our packets the night before so we didn't have to wait in line for those. All you had to do race morning was get your timing chip. That went quick so we had time to get a couple pictures of us, and a picture of our shoes and do any last minute warm ups.

 The race started on time and seemed to be within a tenth of the advertised distance. After the race there were many door prizes. Alyssa won a gift certificate to a new running store in North Liberty called We Run.  She was super excited about getting to spend her gift card.  I won a Road ID gift certificate and since I have two different ones already I had Alyssa pick out one for her.
My friend Rhoni Jo also won a gift certificate to We Run and my friend Bill won a Nike sports watch.  There were trophies for first place overall and first place in your age group and the trophies looked really cool.
There were granola bars, watermelon, bagels and biscuits from Hardees along with water and Gatorade after the race.

The course seemed mostly blocked to traffic so you could run down the middle of the street.  I would do this race again.

Lastly I just want to say that my group of running friends has grown and I truly enjoy running races with friends.  So fun.

If you are set on seeing results then click here.


Left to Right:  Me, Alyssa, Tracy, Stephany, Rhoni Jo

Our shoes with the timing chip

Rhoni Jo, Lisa, Kris, Stephany, Melissa, Me, Alyssa, Tracy and Bill

No comments: