Sunday, March 3, 2013

CVRA Freeze Fest 2013--Marion, IA--February 23, 2013

It was a cold day in the low 20's, however it was a great day for a race. The sun was out, it wasn't snowing and everyone seemed happy. I am just getting back into running since my injury so I was on a 4 minute walk/1 minute run interval to help me along into easing back into running safely without re-injuring myself or aggravating the ankle.  I have now participated in this race for 3 years and I really like it.  This year we didn't see  Lisa or Kris, but still had fun.  My final time was 42:15 so not bad for a 3.1 mile race.  This beats my all walking 5k a month ago by 11 minutes.  I'm happy with the time as I will just continue to get better and get better times in the future.  Below are pictures of the event.


My running friends! 

All of us. Stephany, Tracy, her husband Steve, Rhoni Jo and me.

Even batman arrived.

I like to take pictures of our racing feet.  This one is Tracy
up top with Steve next to her, then Rhoni Jo, Stephany and me.

Since I was walk/running intervals for this race I brought
along my camera to get pictures of my friends.

Me speed walking with Rhoni Jo.  I still wasn't able to run a full
5k yet, however look how silly I'm dressed.  I didn't even
realize it until this picture was shown to me.


Back of shirt.
Front of shirt

My personal results.  They printed them for you.

My race number and it adds up to 13 which is my lucky number.

No comments: