Sunday, April 7, 2013

WE RUN 5K--March 23, 2013-- North Liberty, IA

On March 23rd the weather was cold, but perfect for a great run. The running store that I just LOVE called WE RUN in North Liberty, Iowa, see link here:  http://www.werunllc.com/Home_Page.php
was having it's FIRST birthday and hosting a 5K/1mile run,

Since it had a finishing medal and I was finally able to run again, and since I work at this store occasionally and just love it,  I signed up for the run.  Kris Tharp, the owner of the running store, had over 600 signed up. I ended up doing awesome with the run.  I had a new post injury personal record of 30:58 and I did run the entire race without ankle pain.  In addition to running both Jason and I volunteered at the race.

 Below are some pictures:
Some old shoes were lacquerred and then painted gold, silver or bronze.
Rhoni Jo arrived bright and early so we grabbed a picture together.
Jason helped out in a variety of ways for this race.
He mixed powdered Gatorade in huge coolers, he
helped new runners attach their timing chip
to their shoe that didn't know what they were
doing.  He also worked at one of the corners on the
race route, directing runners where to go and cheering
them on.
Here I am with Sharon passing out timing chips before the race.
Here are two of my students in my Body Sculpt class that I encouraged
to run/walk in a 5K.  This was their FIRST 5K ever.  Left to Right:  Me, Deb and Jill.
Me being silly picking the nose of the statue.
Our cute running legs.  However I forgot to get my running socks on.
My great running friends:  Stephany, Tracy, Rhoni Jo, and Me.
The awesome finishing medal!
Too cool that my number for the race was #4.  Bib numbers were
assigned by what order you signed up for the race.  I don't think I've
ever had such a low number.

1 comment:

kris tharp said...

Love your review of the event and you had a wondertful time too, good job keep it up!