Monday, August 4, 2008

Fit for Life

I love teaching fitness. It has been a journey I've only had the opportunity to participate in for
3 1/2 years. My challenge is eating right. I was eating right for about a year and then fell into some bad eating habits again, like chips, donuts and ice cream. I don't eat much of them, but shouldn't be intaking them at all. While I am pretty fit and am able to teach 2 fitness classes in a day (something I never thought I could do), I still have so far to go with personal fitness. My new goal is to participate and finish in a mini triatholon within the next year with my husband. He has been in two, and I want to be able to be with him in the next one. This goal of finishing a sprint triatholon, I believe will help me be super fit. To achieve this I will need to do training in 3 areas: Swimming, biking and running. Swimming is hard for me. While I can do it, I don't like it. Biking will be a challenge because I don't have a bike that would survive training or a race, I need a new bike and that costs money, so I'll have to save on the side for that. Running is something I don't enjoy either. I have a lot of work to do. This blog will serve the main purpose of journaling my journey of fitness and my husband's journey to fitness, training and eating better for overall health.

No comments: