Sunday, March 28, 2010

51

I didn't realize that I really was getting in super great aerobic shape. I mean I knew I was pretty fit, but with this whole weight loss thing never in my favor and all the charts saying I should be 15-25 pounds lower than I am, it kind of bums a person out.

I went to donate plasma on Friday and they also take all your vitals. Everything has to be in check to donate.

Your hematocrit levels have to be between a 38 and 52.

Your Protein levels have to be between a 6.0 and 9.0

Your blood pressure, temperature and pulse must also be in normal levels.

I've always had a high pulse and figured that was just me. Within the last year I've seen both a drop in blood pressure and a major drop in pulse. Here's a sweet example:

I used to average a blood pressure of 130 over 75 and 125 over 70 both great numbers

Well recently my blood pressure has been 115 over 65 or a tiny bit lower.

AND my pulse that used to be in the 90's all the time even sitting down. Has been coming down to the 60's and 70's in the last year. If I came in to donate plasma right after I had exercised, then I'd be in the 80's for a pulse, but if I hadn't exercised that day yet, then my pulse was in the high 60's to 70's.

However on Friday I came in, I had been up for about 4 hours, hadn't exercised yet, but I had eaten breakfast, ran around the house and been active. It was recorded as 51 on Friday.

The lady looked at me and said wow, you must be doing really well in getting fit.

I felt super great about that pulse.


So there you have it: I may not be what the charts say for weight for now, but my body is reacting to all this exercise and says in loud volumes, "You are healthy"

1 comment:

Jess and Jen said...

That's great Michelle! I've just started trying to exercise regularly in the last few years and it's really hard for me to stick with it. I'm impressed with how much you do! -Jen