Saturday, August 21, 2010

2010 Lone Tree 5K--Lone Tree, IA

Had a great race in Lone Tree, Iowa today. It was their Fall Festival and they had a 5K Run/Walk and a 1-Mile Fun Run. I'm still not sure how you can call running fun, but it's slowly getting easier.

My friend Stephany drove me to this race. She had an excellent time of 29:05 her best time ever. She placed 2nd in her age group.

Best thing about this race was I won a door prize. A $10 Gift Certificate to Sheels (a local sporting goods store)!

My time today was 31:04 better than last week, but slower than a couple of my other 5K times. I feel like I'm getting slower for three reasons.
1. My muscles seem so tight lately. I'm sure it's the amount of classes I teach along side trying to train to run.

2. I'm running longer distances more often and to do that you have to really pace yourself. My long distance pace is an 11 minute mile and I think I just run too slow the entire way.

3. I really don't know what I'm doing.
This past week from last Saturday to today I have run 22.6 miles. To me this is amazing since I went from last year of NO running ever and not ever planning on it to running at least 10-15 miles a week now.
Last Saturday was 6.2 miles, Monday 3.1 miles, Wednesday was the long run of 7.1 miles, yesterday 3.1 miles, then today the race of 3.1 miles.

I'm currently training for a half marathon (13.1 miles) so to do this you have to have a long run each week and it has to be longer each time.

Here is what is scheduled for this week.

Sunday REST
Monday 4 miles
Tuesday Cross Train (I consider this my Zumba classes and Body Sculpt that I teach)
Wednesday 8 miles
Thursday Cross Train
Friday 1 mile
Saturday 6.2 (10K race)
Sunday REST

If only I had a 2nd day to rest. Maybe that's all I need for more speed in my running, not sure, so if you are reading this and are good at running, please post any suggestions on getting faster and enduring to the end.

No comments: