Monday, August 23, 2010

Only 19 Days to Go

As the title reads, only 19 days left until the Half Marathon (13.1 miles)

My goal was to run an entire Half Marathon this year. I have one scheduled on September 11th in Waterloo, Iowa.

I'm excited for the race, and extremely scared at the same time.

I have been running every other day to every other 2 days for the last 5 months. Mostly I have been running 2-3 miles, but recently realized that I should be running further than 3 miles to train for the race.

I looked at many different training schedules online and found one that fit what I felt was safe and doable.

According to the schedule I had to run 3 miles on Monday last week, 7 miles on Wednesday, 3 miles on Friday and then 3 on Saturday. I accomplished that.

This week is 4 miles today, 8miles on Wednesday, 1-2 on Friday and 6 on Saturday

Next week 4 miles on Monday, 9 miles on Wednesday, 4 miles on Friday, 7 on Saturday

Week of my race 3 miles on Monday, 3 miles on Wednesday, Rest on Thursday, 1 mile on Friday and then 13.1 for the race on Saturday.

I sure hope I'm able to do this. Running is super difficult for me.

No comments: