Now that one of my major goals is completed (running an entire half marathon) I have decided to set a few more goals.
1. Run the Columbus, Ohio half marathon on May 7th and beat my current half marathon time by 13 minutes or more. (This would be shaving 1 minute per mile off my time)
2. Run the Park to Park half marathon again next September, 2011 and beat my half marathon time again by at least 6 minutes. (that's about 30 seconds shaved off per mile)
3. Run the Lewis and Clark Marathon (26.2 miles) in Sioux City, Iowa in October 2011 and FINISH.
I love goal three because of three reasons. 1. It is so hard to find marathons on Saturdays, in fact it's almost impossible, so to find this one was awesome. 2. For it to be in the same state, even better. 3. Then for it to be named Lewis and Clark, CLASSIC. If you don't know already my maiden name is Lewis, but now I'm a Clark. So wearing that shirt after the race will be fun!
So with these three hard goals I have some work to do.
Here is how I will proceed:
1. After I heal from all injuries from this last race I will run consistently every week. 3-5 miles on Mondays, 6-8 miles on Wednesdays or Saturday, and 3-5 miles on Friday.
2. I will up my mileage super slowly. Meaning, in a few weeks I will up things to
Monday 4-6 miles, Wednesdays and or Saturdays 7-9 miles, and Fridays 4-6 miles
3. I will start doing Yoga, for I've heard this helps with not only flexibility, but with not feeling sore after races
4. I plan on running up to 15-18 miles by the time I do the Half Marathon in May, so I'm overly ready for that race. This way after the Half Marathon in May I can totally concentrate on training for the 26 miles race from June through October.
5. I will continue to cross train by doing Sculpting classes 3 times a week so my other muscles stay strong.
6. Realize that this is Possible and I need to stay focused each week.