Saturday, August 6, 2011

2011 Swisher, IA 5K race

Another week, another race! This time it was in Swisher, Iowa. I actually did this race last year and it was great to do it again so I could beat my previous year's time.

The day started out in the low 70 degree range, overcast and a little bit muggy. My friend Stephany picked me up at my house since we are down a vehicle. Our van is in the mechanic's shop for repair.

Last year at this race I had a time of 31:45 and I placed 13th of 16 in my age group, and I didn't feel very well.

This year I was a little bit faster with a time of 30:38 and I placed 6th of 16 in my age group, and I felt pretty good overall.

I was joined by many friends this year to race with or be cheered on by:
Danyel Kolek, Janeen, Andy and Bella VanEtten, Patty Urban, Natalie and Ryan Empey and family and my running friend Stephany Coleman!

I love the Swisher 5K race because it is a challenge for me. It has massive hills and at least 5 of them. There are 2 water stops, lots of volunteers, food, door prizes and massage tables at the end! If you don't like hills then don't sign up, but if you want a challenging course, then this one is great!

Some stats were posted so my stats as of now are:

Time 30:38
Running pace 9:51
1st mile 9:08, 2nd mile 20:50
6 of 16 in age group
81st of 126 overall
31 of 59 females



My friend Natalie and her adorable family.  Her baby was in the stroller nearby

Natalie, myself and Stephany

Stephany and I taking a picture of ourselves before the race!

No comments: