Sunday, August 7, 2011

Crossroads Triathlon

What a great race. This was where I ran my first triathlon in 2006. This was the third time I have done this race but the first time since 2007. It is still a very well run race and I had a blast. Unfortunately, with all the other plans our family had this last Saturday, I went up to DeWitt to do the race myself. That means that I have no pictures to post.

I was a little disappointed with my swim time (11:50 for 500 yards) but I had a good bike leg. I actually had the 29th fastest bike time out of 155 competitors, averaging 21.4 mph over the 15 miles course. The course was a little hilly but nothing like Lake Geode. The running leg is always the most difficult for me but I still managed to run a 27 minute 5K which for me is pretty good even without having done the other two events first. My final time was 1:25 which is a new personal best for me by 5 minutes. I'll be back next year.

No comments: