Friday, May 6, 2016

Shamrock Shuffle - Saturday, March 12, 2016, Downtown Iowa City, IA

This race is a perfect distance for just about anyone. Great for those wanting to run really fast for a short distance and great for those new to fitness because it's not a long race.
It was a pretty cold morning in the 40's, but not too cold.  Juli and I ran 5 miles before the race as a warm up.
I started the race feeling light on my feet. I found that the last hill that really bothered me last year wasn't so bad.  I received a new record time of 16:15 beating last year by almost a full minute.  To my surprise I placed 2nd in my age group. However this year only 1st in each age group was recognized.   Guess I have to work harder.

After running so hard I wasn't sure that I'd be able to run 10 more miles with Juli.  We both needed a 17 mile run for our marathon training.
I will not lie, the next 10 miles were very hard to complete but we both pulled it off.
Some pictures are below.  Results are here:
RESULTS
Top Row:  Susan, me, Amy, Teresa.  Front Row:  Juli and Lorna

My bib and personal results. 

My results

My watch showing the total distance for the day.
we are beautiful! 

Amy and Tearesa being super silly.
Later in the day Amy and I rode 25.48 miles on our bikes.  Great for Ragbrai training. 

Juli and I after our long run.

No comments: