Monday, May 7, 2012

I signed up for a Marathon

I can't believe I did it.  I'm probably going to wish I wasn't signed up during all those long 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 mile long and longer runs, but I did.

Here is the website  Air Force Marathon.

I'm nervous, scared, excited, and totally freaked out.  What have I done?

I will update occasionally with how my long runs have gone.  There will be a post for each Long Run.  In addition to the long runs I need to do 2-3 other runs a week of 4-6 miles each.  This will be more running in 1 month than I usually do in 6 months.

I decided that I'm finally ready for this because I've now completed 6 half marathons (one just this past weekend) which I will blog about very soon.  And after this last Half marathon (13.1) miles I felt amazing.  I didn't have to visit the med tent, I didn't hurt severely after.  I didn't pull anything out of place.  I didn't walk funny the next day.  So I felt ready to do longer races.  While in Columbus, Ohio at the Columbus Distance Classic running expo there was a booth set up for this Marathon and the lady was telling me all about it and how awesome it was.  I looked it up on the website and thought about it.  Then doubt set it and I got scared and thought I couldn't do it.  After arriving home to Iowa I discussed this race with my husband, he encouraged me to sign up. So here is the first part of my marathon journey.

Wish me luck!


No comments: