Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Week 14 of 2014

Goals for week 14 were these:  Run according to Marathon schedule, which means a 9 mile run next Saturday and 2 3-5 mile runs.  Swim, bike and get on the elliptical during the week.  Complete all scheduled classes.


Monday:  Body Sculpt, ran 4.07 miles
Tuesday:  Body Sculpt, ran 2.63 miles
Wednesday: Body Sculpt, ran 2.22 miles
Thursday:  Zumba, climbed 1/2 mile on stair stepper.  Walked 1 mile, ran .5 mile.
Friday:  Taught a new class called Fitness fusion.  Basically Body Sculpt, but only 45 minutes with different equipment.  Fun.  Elliptical .50 mile.
Saturday:  Ran 9.05 miles
Sunday:  Walked 3 miles with Jason

Totals for the week:
Ran:  18:47 miles
Body Sculpt classes 4
Zumba classes 1
Swam:  Zero yards
Biked:  Zero minutes
Elliptical 1/2 mile

Good for the week:   I did some cross training, and ran 5 different times.  Walked 2 different times.  Completed all scheduled classes, even adding a new class.  Tried out the Stair stepper machine that I haven't used in a long time, did 1/2 mile on that.  Over 50 floors of climbing up stairs.  Made me super tired.

Bad for the week:  The pool never saw me.  My bike collected dust this week.  Boo.  Other than that I would say I did AWESOME.

Things I learned this week:   I can push harder than ever when racing.  I achieved 28:11 in a 5K I did on Saturday, that was after running 2.5 miles to warm up. This race where I achieved this time, I ran in 32:00 last year, same course, same types of temps.  So I have improved almost 4 minutes with my running a 5K in 1 year's time.  Just think what I can do with another year of training.  All this when I'm training for a marathon and my times usually slow down.

Totals for year:
Elliptical 14.46 miles
Running 162.81 miles
Swam 13,967.30 + yards (7.94 miles)
Body Sculpt classes 34
Zumba classes 16
Biking minutes 573 (9.55 hours)
Step classes 1
Yoga classes 5
Nia classes 1
Pushups on toes outside of teaching class:168

Want to see how many calories you REALLY burn when running:  Click on this link

Goals for Week 15:  Complete all scheduled classes.   Run 4 separate times.  Complete all scheduled classes.  Swim once, Bike outside at least once!


No comments: