Thursday, April 24, 2014

Brain Injury Alliance of Iowa 5K--Iowa City, Iowa--April 12, 2014

The day was gorgeous and perfect weather for racing, especially considering how crummy the weather in Iowa has been lately.

 When I originally signed up for this race I thought it was on the 19th of April, but then later found out it was on the 12th. Well I already had a race on the 12th in the morning, so I was bummed. Then I realized this race started at 11 a.m. so I could do both races. Super awesome.

 This race was close to my home at the Terry Trueblood Park. A mostly flat course. This race was my 2nd 5K of the day. I thought I was going to take it easy. However to my surprise I ended up running it faster than my first 5K of the day, guess I was good and warmed up.  Click here for Age Group results  As you can see I actually achieved 1st in my age group and it was a HUGE age group of 22 people.  It was a complete miracle.  Seriously this NEVER happens.  But I'll take it and I won't complain.  I've been training hard and I ran hard.

  For Overall results click here.  I was 23rd out of 138 overall.

Out of all Females I was 11th of 89.   Here are a few pictures from the day.


My friend Susan Ludwig and I.   I have done a couple races with her.  Such a great person and a fabulous swimmer.  She will be swimming the Alcatraz swim soon.

Scott and I before the race.  I talked him into this race because it had a 1 mile fun run for the kids and I thought he might like it.  Plus they were giving away FREE bike helmets for children under 12.

Me running the race.   Scott took this picture with my phone.  Thanks Scott!

Scott running in for the awesome 1st place Fun Run finish!


To his surprise he won a trophy!  Sweet

Scott's and my race bib

My prizes for being #1 in my age group!  A medal would have been cool, but Free stuff is MUCH better.
Front of shirt.

Back of Shirt.

1 comment:

The Duke said...

Congratulations to both of you. That's pretty sweet - and to think that you ran two in one day was even more remarkable.