Sunday, November 9, 2014

Haunted Hustle for hearing - Saturday, October 25th 9 a.m. - Iowa City, IA

It was a cold morning, but not too bad for an October morning near Halloween. I was able to race in shorts and that means it wasn't too hot.  This race suggested you run in costume, but I didn't want to. I was trying to go for a PR (personal record) so I only dressed in normal running clothes. The course was flat until you turned off of Normandy Drive left onto Park Rd. You had to go straight up a steep hill. That's when I stopped running. I sped walked that hill, but it totally zapped me.   This I'm sure is what cost me the PR today, but oh well, I'm fine with that. I ended up placing 3rd in my age group and I'm perfectly happy with that given the bad course.

 Good things about this race:
 It was chip timed
There was a shirt
There was a bib for your scrapbook
There was food after the race.

 Not so great things about this race:
 The shirt was cotton and not dri fit
The course had a huge steep long hill.
They only gave gift cards for 1st in each age group and didn't even recognize place 2 and 3 in the age groups.
Having an out and back course would have been MUCH better and wouldn't have involved a huge long steep hill.

My results are  HERE !

Pictures are below.


My race bib.

My results!  Not bad.  3rd in my age group out of 5.


Jason took this picture of me running!

The best costume at the race:  Richard Simmons.  Hilarious.
Front of shirt

No comments: