Sunday, March 15, 2015

Week 11 of 2015/ Week 6 of marathon training

Monday:Ran 4 miles, Walked .5 miles, Body Flow class.Body Sculpt class.
Tuesday:Swam 1250 yards, taught Body Sculpt morning and night.   Ran 3 miles.
Wednesday:Ran 5 miles.  4 with Tyler.  1 mile of speedwork. Walked 1 mile. Taught Body Sculpt
Thursday:Swam 1400 yards, Body Flow class, Body Sculpt class
Friday:Sculpt class, ran 6.02 miles
Saturday:Ran 9.25 miles (3.70 miles was from home to Shamrock Shuffle race downtown Iowa City, then race was 2 miles completed in a new PR time of 17:03 beating my previous PR by 39 seconds, then I ran home 3.55 miles)  walked .5 mile.
Sunday: stretching, foam rolling, trigger point therapy, yoga poses, light walking.  Lots of resting, even a short nap!

Total for Week 11 of 2015/Week 6 of Marathon Training
Ran 27.32 miles
Swam 2650 yards
2 Body Flow classes
6 Body sculpt classes
Walked 2 miles

I'm a third of the way to the marathon.  This week was good.  I felt good for the most part.  A little bit of heel, shin and arch pain in my right foot.  Thought I needed new shoes, but Joe at Running Wild told me that my calves were just too tight.  He showed me how to loosen them with Trigger Point Therapy which is awesome by the way.  Once that was done then my shin pain went away immediately, the arch pain was gone by morning and I was able to run my 9 miles without pain.  Too cool.  The Trigger Point stuff hurts by the way, but works.

Totals for Year 2015
Swimming:   30,228 Yards=   17 miles 308 yards
Elliptical :    14.45 miles
Biking:          274 minutes 
Zumba:        5.5 classes
Sculpt:         51 classes
Body Pump:  1 class
Body Flow:    3 class
Walking:   20.10 miles
Running:      223.78 miles

No comments: