Sunday, October 18, 2015

Town to Town 10K ish, Saturday, October 3, 2015 Kalona to Wellman, IA

A very cold brisk almost gloves type of morning. I think it was like 40 degrees or something.  This race was advertised as a 5K/10K ish race.  If you did the 10K ish (which was 6.69 miles) then you park at the Mennonite school in Wellman, then they bus you to the Kalona YMCA.  The race starts there and you run back to Wellman.  I went with 2 good friends from church that I run with once in a while.  They are really fast and I couldn't keep up with them, but that's okay.  They both finished at 55:16 minutes.  I finished at 1:04:58 which ended up being a PR in a Quarter marathon distance for me.  I was 4th of 8 in my age group.  If you care, here are the Results for race.


After the race they had hot cider, bananas, granola bars and coffee.  It was a nice race.  You received a shirt with a light up arm band.  There were also door prizes.

A picture taken before we took off to run.  Tiffany and Trina.
My recorded distance and time on my Garmin watch.  

No comments: