Thursday, September 22, 2016

Driftless Discovery Trail Run - Decorah, IA - Saturday, June 4, 2016

Funny thing about this race is I was told it was flat. Amy said we were doing a race on this brand new flat running trail in Decorah.

Well she was wrong about the location and it ended up being a trail race in the woods that was super difficult.

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever ran, but it was hard.  An experience I won't forget.

Would I do it again?  Maybe, but only after some trail run training  for it'scompletely different from road racing.

It had 1383 feet of climbing and was 6.3 miles long.
My time was long to me- 1:41:01, but given how hard it was and that it was my first 10K trail race, it was fine.  I ended up being 2nd out of 4 in my age group so that's pretty good.

I ran with Amy for just over 5 miles then split off and ran ahead, she wanted to walk at that point and I wanted out of the woods.


Front of shirt

The back of the shirt
Amy andI right before the race started.

No comments: