Thursday, September 22, 2016

Tri in July - Super Sprint Triathlon - Sigourney, IA - Sunday, July 3, 2016

There is no way you could ever have more perfect weather in July for a triathlon. Today was just amazing. It started at around 58 degrees and just stayed in the low 60's with low humidity the entire race, with a nice breeze.

This race is a super sprint triathlon in a small town.  A fun race that you can sprint all out for the entire thing.  Only 300 yards swimminginan outdoor pool, so no openwater! Then almost 6 miles biking and a 2 mile run.  Perfect for a first time triathlete.

I talked my friend Chris into doing her first Tri.  She did great.
The shirt
A picture before the triathlon began.
My garmin time.  I beat my last time 4 years ago by 3 1/2 minutes.
Chris finishing her first triathlon.

The three of us after the Tri.  We all did great and were happy.



Chris placed in her age group!

By some miracle I also placed in my age group.

Water bottle in race packet.

Close up of my medal!!!

No comments: