Sunday, March 16, 2014

Shamrock Shuffle 3.17K--Iowa City, IA

The morning was super cold. Ok, not that bad, it was about 32 degrees, considering Iowa has only seen a few days above 30 degrees since November, but it was cold enough to have a few layers of running clothes on.

Friday night Kyle and Lisa arrived to stay at our home.  We let them stay in the Hawkeye room for fun!  You'd have to visit us to know what I'm talking about.  Anyway we all went shopping to get some fun St. Patrick's Day stuff to run in and then went to dinner together.

The guys found kilts.  Too funny.   They looked awesome.  This race was in our home town and only about a 5 minute drive.  I thought about running there, but it was so cold that I was afraid my clothes would be all wet with sweat and then I'd freeze before the race.  So I didn't run there.

Great points about the race:

Chip timed so you get an accurate time
Great Nike dri-fit shirt that I will wear again.
Bib for your scrapbook
Instant results that print out for your scrapbook
Food after the race--bananas, bagels, water.
Lots of door prizes!  I won $15 to Running Wild running store!
Lots of volunteers.


Jason and Kyle wore kilts

All four of us.  Such a fun morning.

Our cute socks and fun colored shoes.  Well except for Jason who forgot his
shamrock tights under his kilt and had boring shoes.  Next time Jason needs cool
socks too.

A quick shot of Lisa and I before the race, not sure what's up with my hair though, it was all pushed up from my ear band and I think looks funny like a muffin.  Oh well, can't look cute all the time.


Really nice shirts that fit true to the size.  This was the front of the shirt.

Back of shirt

Our race bibs

My final time was 19:12 which is a 9:45 pace per mile, placed 9th of 18 in my age group, 110th place overall out of 180 people and 49th out of 104 women.


No comments: