Sunday, March 9, 2014

Week 10 of 2014

At the start of 2014 I didn't make New Year's resolutions.  Why?   Because I've done that before and like most people I do well for about 3-4 weeks then the goal is gone.
Also because I like to make weekly goals and feel that when you make smaller goals you are more likely to achieve them.

I do have 3 main giant goals this year and those are:
1.   to complete a marathon this year and run most of the way if not all of it.
2.   to do my Sprint Triathlon in less time than I did it last year.
3.   complete an Olympic distance triathlon this year .

Plus my ultimate goal is to do a Half Iron Man.  If you have no clue what that is and kinda care, then click HERE.

Goals for Week 10 of 2014 were these: Swim once of 1000 yards or more. Run 3-4 times with total mileage of 14 miles or more. Do all your scheduled classes. Do a Yoga class. Bike at least 1 hour this week. Do more on the elliptical this week than last week. Do push ups outside of class and go for 60 of them! Continue with clean eating.

Here is how the week went:

Monday:  Body Sculpt
Tuesday:  Body Sculpt and 35 minutes biking
Wednesday:  Ran 4.15 miles
Thursday: Ran 1 mile before class,  2.05 miles after class.  1 Zumba class
Friday: Biked 15 minutes, Elliptical .75 mile, Body Sculpt Class
Saturday: Swam 1300 Yards, 7.04 miles ran, 1/2 mile elliptical   60 pushups on toes
Sunday:  Rest


Totals for the week:
Elliptical 1.25 miles
Ran 14.24 miles
Swam 1300 yards
3 Body Sculpt classes
50 minutes of biking
1 Zumba class
60 push ups on toes.

Bad things for the week:  I didn't do a Yoga class as planned.  I only biked 50 minutes instead of over an hour like I planned.

Good things for the week:   I felt like everything else went well.  I am eating better and feeling amazing.  The workouts are going well.  I was able to run my long run of 7 miles for my marathon training.

 Totals for year:
Elliptical 7.90 miles
Running 100.79 miles
Swam 11,867.30 yards (6.74 miles)
Body Sculpt classes 24
Zumba classes 11
Biking minutes 468
Step classes 1
Yoga classes 4
Nia classes 1
Pushups on toes outside of teaching class:168

Goals for Week 11
Complete all scheduled classes, Run further than the week before, swim further than the week before, bike further than the week before.   Find a yoga class and do it.  Get on the elliptical and go further than last week.  Continue with eating well, as much clean eating as possible.  Try a new vegetable.

No comments: