Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week 12

The goals for week 12 were these:   Run, Bike, Swim and do elliptical further than the week before.  Keep eating well and paying attention to including ALL food groups in my diet.

Here is how the week went

Bad:  No measured distance of laps in a pool, but I did swim twice.

Great things about week 12:  All of my goals were met!!!  I ran a great amount of miles (met goals for marathon training).  Ran, biked and did elliptical further than week 10 and 11.  Even did a Yoga class.
Tried out the app on my phone called My fitness Pal since last Saturday and it has been awesome.  I am super pleased with it.  I have lost weight this week and I know it's because I'm finally eating right.  I saw a dietitian and she showed me that I wasn't eating enough on days that I work out hard.  We talked about the right amount of fats, proteins and carbs runners should take in.  I need more fats and I wasn't taking enough in.  Thus, why I was continuing to gain weight a little each week. Who would have known that I actually needed more fat in my diet?    I have followed her advice on foods I should have and I have tracked everything on My fitness pal for a week and lost 4 pounds.  Amazing.  After this I only expect to loose 2 pounds a week, but I'm excited because I feel amazing finally.  AND for the first time ever I totally understand how to eat.   I can eat whatever I want, as long as I take in a certain amount of fats, proteins, carbs and so on for me and my activity.  Days I work out hard, I may need 2600 calories, other days that I do next to nothing, then only 1460 calories.  So it varies and it WORKS!  Here's to another great week.

Monday:   Ran 5 miles in interval sprints, Biked 30 minutes, Elliptical 1.20 miles
Tuesday:  Swimming and stairs
Wednesday:  swimming and stairs, Ran 4.10 miles
Thursday:  1 mile run, body sculpt class,  Zumba class.
Friday:  1 hour biking, Elliptical .75 miles
Saturday:1 yoga class, 1 Zumba class, ran 8.06 miles
Sunday: Rest--walked 2.12 miles

Total Elliptical 1.95 miles
Biked 1 hour 30 minutes
Ran 18.16 miles
1 Body Sculpt Class
2 Zumba Classes
1 Yoga
Some swimming, no measured distance


Totals for year:
Elliptical 9.85 miles
Running 131.51 miles
Swam 11,867.30 + yards (6.74 miles)
Body Sculpt classes 27
Zumba classes 14
Biking minutes 558 (9.3 hours)
Step classes 1
Yoga classes 5
Nia classes 1
Pushups on toes outside of teaching class:168

Goals for week 13 are these:  complete all classes.  Swim laps of at least 2000 yards.  Run according to marathon schedule this week.  Bike at least an hour.

No comments: