Sunday, May 18, 2014

Week 20 of 2014

Goals for Week 20 were these:   Run 4 times, according to my marathon schedule, which means two 5-6 milers in the middle of the week, one long run on Saturday.  Swim once, Bike at least once. Complete all scheduled classes.

Monday:  Body  Sculpt, walked some
Tuesday:  Body Sculpt, Ran 5.03 miles
Wednesday:  Body Sculpt, walked some
Thursday: Ran 4.13 miles, swam 1000 yards, walked some.
Friday: Some walking.  Rest, Rest, Stretch a lot, Rest, Big day on Saturday!
Saturday: Ran 13.20, walked 2.5 miles, had a little running quickly as I'm beat up from the race.
Sunday: Rest and lots of stretching

Good for week 20:  Taught all three of my Body Sculpt classes as scheduled.  Walked a lot, which I feel is helping me get in overall mileage.  I walk on my lunch sometimes now, since I really shouldn't run in my work clothes, I swam once.  I actually had an awesome rest day on Friday that besides having to work, I rested well, stretched, used heat on sore areas, stretched more.  I believe this helped me for Saturday.  On Saturday I ran the BEST Half Marathon time ever for me.  My goal was to beat my last personal best time of 2:16:30.   I felt really great, the weather was cold and perfect, so I gave it my all.  I ran a 2:09:04.  Sweet!   Other than a calf cramp at the end, I felt awesome.  My husband and I ran together and this gave him a Personal Best as well by over a minutes.  Great day for both of us.
I ate super well this week and have now been following My fitness pal for almost 3 months now, paying attention to my nutrition levels more than anything to make sure I get the proper nutrition for running.  I've lost 11 pounds.

Bad for week 20:  Didn't run 4 times.  Planned on it Wednesday and I didn't get up early enough to make it happen.  Bike workout didn't happen.  I need to make more time for biking on a regular basis.  This week should be better overall since my children's early morning seminary class ends this week, thus giving me extra time early morning for my workouts and them sleeping in, so I don't have to be up making breakfast and lunches.

Totals for Week 20:
Ran 22.36 miles
Swam 1000 yards
3 Body Sculpt classes
Walked 2.5 miles plus much more I didn't measure.  I would like to get a Fit Bit thing to see how many steps I really take in a week.

Totals for year:
Elliptical 20.25 miles
Running 271.57 miles
Swam 18,667.30 + yards (10.60 miles)
Body Sculpt classes 55
Zumba classes 19
Biking minutes 762 (12.7 hours) Indoors
Biking miles outside 33.51 miles
Step classes 1
Yoga classes 5
Nia classes 1
Push ups on toes outside of teaching class:168



Goals for Week 21:   Run 4 times, according to my marathon schedule, which means two 5-6 milers in the middle of the week, one longer run on Saturday, this week would be an 8-10 miler.  Swim once, Bike at least once. Complete all scheduled classes.  I really should try and get back to a Yoga class, so I'll put this down as a want for the week for a goal.  I need to do this, however with my children's crazy concert schedules at the end of the year, the last couple weeks have been tough to fit it all in.

No comments: