Sunday, September 7, 2014

Park to Park Half Marathon 2014 - Cedar Falls, IA - Saturday, September 6, 2014

A perfect morning for a long race. We woke up to temps in the high 40's. Loved it. Felt the chill in the air and knew it was going to be the most perfect day for running. This race is my most favorite of the entire year.  It is simply the best.  My Garmin said the temp was 48 degrees, however it felt like a little warmer than that in the sun.

I really struggled running fast, but was able to pull it off for all 13 miles.  I managed to be able to stay with Jason and Kyle at their faster pace for the entire race.  I really thought they'd pull ahead of me and that I wouldn't be able to keep up.  We all ran together until mile 12.5, then we all split at our own paces.  Both Jason and I achieved new personal records.  His PR is 2:06:36.  My new PR is now 2:07:14.

 The results are HERE !

Great things about Park to Park:

Bib for your scrapbook.
Chip timed
Flat course
Food after the race.
Lots of volunteers so you always know where to turn on the course.
Printed instant results
Pizza after the race that is made right there.
Finishing medal that is really nice.
Ice cold towels at the end.
A group shot of a bunch of the Roosters before we started.  Even Scott and Alyssa joined in!
While waiting in line for the race to start just before the National Anthem played Kyle, Jason and I took a picture!

Starting out the race.  I was determined to get a new PR.  Can you see it on my face?



Jason rounding the corner to finish strong!

Jason again.  He's almost at the finish!

Here I am about to finish!
Almost to the finish.  So glad I taped up my knees and IT band.  I didn't feel a single pain the entire run.  Amazing KT tape.  Love it and will use it again.
My race bib with my medal. My numbers add up to my lucky #13

Jason and I after a nice long shower, with our new race shirts on and our medals!
Jason's Bib and finishing medal.

No comments: