Sunday, June 8, 2014

Week 23 of 2014

Goals for Week 23 were these:  Run 4 separate times. Find a Yoga class and take it.  Bike twice of more than 10 miles each.  Swim once.  Keep walking at least 1 mile a day.  Keep eating right.

Monday: Ran 1.07 miles in the rain in early morning, Sculpt class, ran 3.02 miles in the evening.
Tuesday: Biked 13.63 miles  max speed 36.3mph average speed 12.8, Sculpt, walked some.
Wednesday: Sculpt class, ran 8.17 miles, walked a bunch.
Thursday:1.01 Elliptical, 3.03 Fast Walk/Run, walked over a mile during lunch.
Friday: Biked 14.08 miles max speed 28.03mph, average speed 14.8 mph.   6 miles biking with Jason to go to downtown Iowa City and back home.  Lots of walking.
Saturday:Walked 2 miles, Ran 10.02 miles
Sunday: 1 mile walk with my dog Abby.

Totals for week 23:
3 Sculpt classes
Lots of walking, almost daily
Elliptical:  1.01 miles
Biking:  33.71 miles
Running:  25.31 miles
Lots of stretching

Good for week 23:  I ran 5 separate times.  This is amazing for me and usually doesn't happen.  I biked three times, twice the biking was more than 10 miles.  The third bike time was a casual ride with Jason to go downtown to the Arts Festival and back.  I walked almost every day.  I taught all three of my Sculpt classes.  I found my elliptical and used it for a mile.  I made time to have amazing stretching.  Meaning, even though I never made it to a Yoga class this week I did make time to do 15 minutes a day of stretching in yoga poses, that I feel have been significant to my overall health.  I have been great about logging in everything with the program My Fitness Pal.  Even logging in the naughty stuff I consume.  I only consume cookies or naughty things on days I run really far.  My weight stayed the same this week and it's not that I even expect to loose any more at this point, just want to be healthy.  I have been really good about taking in enough vitamins.  Staying within my calories for the day.  Eating vegetables and fruits every single day.  Taking in proper amounts of calcium, magnesium and potassium.  I'm sleeping amazing and haven't felt tired.

Bad for week 23: Couldn't make it to a yoga class.  Life has been a little crazy this week, which is why I found it interesting that I got out and ran 5 separate times.  But Yoga just didn't make it in my life.  I need it bad.  I like it, just it has a schedule that doesn't meld well with me or my family's schedule.  I need to find Yoga classes at other places I don't teach at with hopefully better schedules.  Swimming, well let's just say I just didn't make time for it.  Could have done it on Friday morning and went for a bike ride instead.  I definitely need to make time to go swimming more especially since I have a triathlon in August.  I have put my swimming on the back burner and this is a mistake since it's my weakest sport.  Had more sugar this week that I have in 10 weeks.  I need to work on better nutrition all the time because when I do I feel amazing!

Totals for year:
Elliptical 22.26 miles
Running 347.55 miles
Swam 18,667.30 + yards (10.60 miles)
Body Sculpt classes 63
Zumba classes 19
Biking minutes 762 (12.7 hours) Indoors
Biking miles outside 92.69 miles
Step classes 1
Yoga classes 5
Nia classes 1
Push ups on toes outside of teaching class:168

Goals for Week 24:  Run according to marathon schedule which is 2-3 milers, then a 6 mile run on Saturday. Stretch a lot.  Eat well.  Swim once.  Bike at least once of 10 miles or more.  Find a Yoga class. Relax more and realize that you have done enough for your marathon training and you can't turn back now.  What is done is done and even though I may feel that I could of or should of ran more, it's over.  Just relax and enjoy the journey of getting to, running and completing the marathon.


As you can see my running miles have increased over the 23 weeks.  If I were to do it all again I would have been running 25-30 miles a week for the last few weeks.  Oh well, I will just have to see how this marathon goes and then train differently if possible for the next one.


No comments: