Sunday, June 15, 2014

Week 24 of 2014

Goals for Week 24 were these:  Run according to marathon schedule which is 2-3 milers, then a 6 mile run on Saturday. Stretch a lot.  Eat well.  Swim once.  Bike at least once of 10 miles or more.  Find a Yoga class. Relax more and realize that you have done enough for your marathon training and you can't turn back now.  What is done is done and even though I may feel that I could of or should of ran more, it's over.  Just relax and enjoy the journey of getting to, running and completing the marathon.

Monday:  Sculpt class, walked 1.58 miles
Tuesday:  Sculpt class, biked 8.19 miles, ran 3.20 miles, walked a bunch.
Wednesday: Sculpt
Thursday: Ran 5.10 miles
Friday: walked a bunch
Saturday: Swam 1500 yards, 1 yoga class, got a massage!
Sunday: Walked 5 miles

Good things about Week 24:  I taught all three of my classes of Body Sculpt, ran, biked and swam this week.  I also found a yoga class and got a massage.

Bad things about Week 24:  I was told to do only walking until the marathon.  Not sure if this is the best advice, but I'm going to take it in hopes my hamstring which is really tight, and my IT band which is tight when I reach mile 17 will loosen up a bit.  I have been doing everything I can to loosen them, massage, A.R.T. treatments, laser treatments, heat, foam rolling, regular roller and so on.  It's killing me not to run. I wanted to go to 6 on Saturday or more, but I am taking this advice and hoping things work out for me to run well on Saturday.  So this next week will be a lot of walking and resting.

Totals for the week:
Running:  8.30 miles
Walking:  6.58 and a bunch not recorded
3 Sculpt classes
Swam 1500 yards
1 Yoga class
Biked 8.19 miles

Totals for year:
Elliptical 22.26 miles
Running 355.85 miles
Swam 20,167.30 yards (11.46 miles)
Body Sculpt classes 66
Zumba classes 19
Biking minutes 762 (12.7 hours) Indoors
Biking miles outside 100.88 miles
Step classes 1
Yoga classes 6
Nia classes 1
Push ups on toes outside of teaching class:175

A question I had about running shoes answered HERE!

Goals for Week 25 of 2014:   Do everything I can to relax this week so my legs will be at their best for the marathon on Saturday!  Complete the marathon without hurting myself further.  Do my best, yet be careful.  Walking when necessary, running when I can.  I will be doing a 4 minute run/1 minute walking interval for the entire race.   I have already subbed out one of my Sculpt classes this week and will only be directing my other two Sculpt classes, not doing any of the exercises, as to rest all my muscles, hopefully.

No comments: