Sunday, August 9, 2015

Looney Midnight Marathon, Saturday, July 18, 2015- Livingston, TN

When I read about this race on the internet, it intrigued me. I thought, "How cool, a race at night, in the middle of the night, I bet it's nice and cool out." WRONG.  It was 77 degrees and the highest humidity ever.  I decided to get up super early, drive alone to TN, get to my cheap hotel and sleep all day until I had to leave for the race.

I was only able to sleep 3 hours, waking up every hour to pee because I was over hydrating, so the sleep was not effective and as a result I went to the race very tired.

I left at 10:15p.m. to get to the race 20 minutes away.  I picked up my race hat, shirt, bib and went back to my car to rest.  At 11:45p.m. I lined up for the race.  There were announcements, star spangled banner was sung, a prayer was said and then the gun went off in the form of fireworks.

It was hot, very hot, humid and miserable the entire night. I finished, but I was so warm and unhappy.
I saw an exit for Clarksville, TN and had to stop.  Then there was this sign, of course I had to have a picture.  It wasn't until later that I realized the significance of Clarksville, TN.  TOO funny.

A road sign in Tennessee that said 26.2.  Awesome.
The shirt, my bib and the finishing medal.
Up close look at the awesome finishing medal.
The tradition of Dunkin Donuts for my treat after the marathon.
Under a bridge on the drive home.  Absolutely beautiful.
Under another bridge on the drive home over the Mississippi River.  Gorgeous.

No comments: