Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pickle Days 5K - Walker, IA - Saturday, July 25, 2015

It was a HOT morning.  When Jason and I got out of the car in Walker, we knew the humidity was high.  Weather.com said humidity was 100%.  How can that be?  I thought 100% meant raining, apparently not.

Either way we struggled.  We had a .60 mile warm up of light running, then some stretching and high knees.  I wet down my entire head with water and then the gun went off.   The race started and we went out fast, my watch said a 7.37 mile I was keeping.  Now if only I could keep that kind of pace, I would have placed.

A great race in a small town with a Fireman's breakfast after!
A picture before the race.

My watch at the end.  Not my best 5K, but in this heat I'll take the time under 30 minutes.

Pickles all over the town painted on the street.

A race bag with goodies that you received.

My race #

Front of shirt

Back of shirt.
cm

No comments: