Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pickle Days 5K- Walker, IA--Saturday, July 26, 2014

Another nice cooler July morning. It was humid out, but such a nice temperature.  This race happened to fall at the end of Girl's Camp, which for Alyssa and I wasn't good timing. In order for us to get there we had to leave camp, which was in Boone, IA, at 4:30 a.m. to travel to Walker, IA.

Both Alyssa and I ran our slowest 5K to date.  She just wasn't into it and wanted me to run with her, which I did.  She complained the whole time how tired she was and she wanted to walk again and would ask how much further it was.  Seriously I wasn't happy, but it's family togetherness right?  Overall a fun great morning.

Great things about this race:
Chip timed for accurate results
Bib for your scrapbook
Cutest 5K shirt I have ever seen, which is one reason I come back to this race every year.
Food after the race
Instant results printed out for your scrapbook.
Some door prizes were given away.
Lots of volunteers on the course telling you where to turn.
Fireman's breakfast just around the corner from the park.

The Clark and Helland family before the pickle days race began.

All of our race feet.
Front of shirt
Back of shirt
Our race bibs.
Our official race times.  Jason, Alyssa and I did the 5K.  Jason ran off ahead with his friend Kyle.  I ran with Alyssa to help her finish her first 5K in a very long time.  Scott did the 1 mile kids race.
This is what it looks like when they don't want their picture taken.
They think if they can't see me that I didn't take their picture.  Too funny.  Nice try.

Lisa and Kyle's son finishing in 2nd place with a 7:12 minute pace.  WOW!!!!  Way to go.






Scott finishing his 1 mile kids race.  This is the fastest he has ever ran a 1 mile.  Great job Scott.  You ROCK!!!



No comments: