Sunday, August 3, 2014

Solon Beef Days 5K- Solon, IA--Saturday, July 19, 2014

Such a gorgeous morning it was. It was humid, but cool out at 64 degrees which is unheard of for July. I ran 1 mile to warm up then did this race. I felt good about my run and even though I placed 6th in my age group, I still felt I did my best in this race.

Good things about this race:
Chip timing for accurate results
Bib to wear and have for your scrapbook
Cute shirt
food after the race
some doorprizes they give away.
Well marked course, knew where to turn always
LOTS of volunteers

Not so good things about this race:
It's really hilly so if you don't train hills you will not like it.
Lots of turns on the course.
My race number.

Brenda used to be the running coach in Solon.  She is an awesome example of fitness.  She used to take my Body Sculpt class in North Liberty and I ran into her here at Solon Beef Days.

My individual results.
Front of shirt
Back of shirt

Running in for a strong finish.

Elaine, her daughter and me.

No comments: