Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Live Healthy 5K-Saturday, April 11, 2015-West Liberty, Iowa

I only signed up for this race because it was $10.00 and I thought it was on a different weekend. Turns out it was on the day I had to run 15 miles. I got through it but didn't push it with speed at all because I knew I had 9 more miles at the end.  I was super tired when the morning was over.  It was kinda cold that morning so I ran in a long sleeve shirt and running tights.

Here are the results if you really care that much:  results


My bib with the finishing medal I was given when I finished the race on the left.  Then the 2nd place medal I won in my age group on the right.

The shirt.

This day I had to run 15 for my marathon training.  I ran 3 before the race, then did the 5K (3.1 miles) then did 9 more miles, then traveled home.  Here is a picture of my Garmin watch showing how long it took me to run 15 miles!

No comments: