Sunday, May 31, 2015

Week 17 of Marathon Training/Week 22 of 2015

Usually my long run is on Saturday, but last Saturday, May 23rd I couldn't fit it in because I had relatives in town, I accidentally slept in for the first time in 17 weeks, and my son's graduation party and graduation was  that day so I only had time to run 7 because I run slow.

I decided that since Monday was a holiday and I'd have lots of time that I would get up early to run my final LONG run.  So the week will have an extra amount of miles and that is totally okay.  I feel that because I took the time to do this long run that I am more confident and ready for my big race on June 6th.  Let's just hope the weather cooperates.


Monday:  Ran 23.03 miles, plus did a lot of walking later in the day shopping.

My Garmin watch showing my awesome training run.

The massive frog I saw during my run in the first 2 miles.  This frog was bigger than both my feet combined.  Too cool.  This picture seriously doesn't even begin to show how big he was. 

Tuesday: Body Sculpt twice, Bike ride with Alyssa 2 miles, walked 1/2 mile
Wednesday:Swam 2200 yards, Sculpt class, Ran 3.04 miles, walked 1/2 mile
Thursday:Ran 6.02 miles, walked 1/2 mile
Friday:Sculpt, Biked 8.19 miles.  It would have been longer, but Jason's bike got a flat so I had to ride home then come back and get him.  Walked 1/2 mile
Saturday:Ran10.04 miles, Swam 2400 Yards, Biked 
Sunday:7 mile bike ride with Scott, 5.06 miles by myself


Totals for week 17
Ran 42.13 miles
Biked 22.25 miles
Swam 4600 yards = 2 miles 1080 yards
4 Sculpt classes
Walked at least 2 miles

Totals for Year 2015
Swimming:  67,528 Yards=   38 miles 648 yards
Elliptical :    14.45 miles
Biking inside: 274 minutes 
Biking Outside:  100.39 miles
Zumba class:        5.5 classes
Sculpt classes:        105 classes
Les Mills Body Pump:  1 class
Les Mills Body Flow class:    14 classes
Walking:   48.05 miles
Running:      588.07 miles


I am ready for the marathon this next Saturday, June 6th!  I feel more ready than ever before.  Hoping I feel good during it and that I run strong.  Plus I'm hoping for excellent cool weather.   The things I've changed this year in training is I have swam more, much more.  I have done a ton of hip exercises to strengthen my IT band, I have done a massive amount of core exercises in my Sculpt classes and I have taken Yoga once a week almost every week.    Bring on the Marathon!

No comments: