Thursday, November 10, 2016

Crossfit 4th Annual Sprint Triathlon - Oskaloosa, IA- Saturday, August 13, 2016

I found this outdoor triathlon and it was only 80 minutes away. The best part is it was in Oskaloosa, Iowa.  A great smaller town in Iowa.  It happens to be a town where some relatives of Amy's live.  Her Uncle Joe and Aunt Amy Larkin.  The best part of his triathlon is the swim is done in an outdoor pool!

Amy and I did our best considering the heat of a typical August day.  We placed 1st and 2nd in our age group and there were more than 2 in our age group.  After the race we went to lunch with Uncle Joe and Aunt Amy!  The bad part about this race is I lost a contact in the pool.  Weird and not sure how it happened, but when I took off my goggles after the swim it was gone, so it was probably stuck in my goggles, but I never found it.
Before the race began.
Not a great picture of my Garmin at the end of the race.  I actually swam with it.  This was for 500 meters in an outdoor pool, 12 mile bike and a 5K.  My final time was 1:35:24.  Not bad for a Sprint distance triathlon.
Right after Amy finished.  I was still beat red.  I had ran back to find her after I finished.

The race wanted a picture of everyone who placed. 
A finishing picture after getting cleaned up with our new shirts on!

Aunt Amy, Uncle Joe and Amy Larkin!




No comments: