Part of the course was flooded so we had to run through all that, but at least the race wasn't cancelled, for I would have been really sad. Full results are here!
Great things about this race:
- Most of the time you get a cute custom race bib, if you are late to packet pickup you may not get that, so show up early.
- Instant results at the finish
- Nice race shirt if you sign up early and there are extras ordered so if you sign up late you still might get a shirt.
- Beautiful medal
- Plenty of food at the end and a HUGE variety of food. If there isn't a food you like at the end then you are simply too picky.
- mostly flat course. There are a couple small hills, but they are so small that you can't really call them hills, just bigger bumps in the road.
- Gorgeous scenery.
- Plenty of water stations on the course so you really don't have to bring your own water.
- Coupons on the race bib for my favorite popcorn store that I did visit after the race.
Things that could be improved:
- Weather. Ha Ha, really, that can't be controlled so get over it already and run in whatever you are delt with. Sign up early and hope for the best. This year it wasn't bad.
- Plenty of custom bibs for EVERYONE, so no matter when you show up to pick up your packet you still get a cute custom bib for your scrapbook, because to some of us, this matters.
- A bigger expo, but not all races even have expos, so it's nice that there was something. I love to buy new race socks for all long races, so I would have loved to see Balega socks there to buy.
|Bibs and results for Amy and I|
|Parts of the race course were starting to flood. Good thing it was only 3-4 inches deep. Could have been so much worse.|