Thursday, November 10, 2016

Solon Beef Days 5K-Solon, IA- Saturday, July 16, 2016

A beautiful morning for a short race.  Amy and I biked from home to Solon which was about 15 miles, completed the 5K, then biked 65 more miles.  For July the weather was absolutely gorgeous.  It was warm but not terrible.  It was 63 degrees with 5 mph winds, but 100% humidity.  I had great results for a day with high humidity.  They were:  A time of 28:52 and placed 10th of 19 in my age group.  Not too shabby.  Amy PRed again for a 5K.  Her time was 32:17.  Full results are here: Results  After the race we biked  on the Cedar Valley Nature Trail.  A super nice trail that I didn't even know existed until that day.

A great picture of Amy and I taken before the race.
Amy finishing strong in humidity.

The LONG bike ride.

About 30 miles from home we stopped for a late lunch here.  Our meals were fabulous.


No comments: