Sunday, November 27, 2016

Kickoff to Kinnick 5K - Saturday, September 24, 2016- Iowa City, IA

It was a beautiful day. A little hot with high humidity, but gorgeous for September 24th. I decided last minute to do the Kickoff to Kinnick 5K because they said they had enough shirts and medals so I thought, why not? My friend Amy and Chris ran the race also.  Because it was a HUGE race in Iowa City I saw so many people that I knew.  Things went great until mile 2 when I was just too hot and had to take a breather to walk a tiny bit.  So it wasn't my best 5K.  Here are the results if you care:  Results
Before the 5K started

Amy, Me and Chris taking a picture with the Hawk.

Shirt front and back.

On the field after finishing the race.
Chris after finishing.



The biggest medal ever for a 5K, seriously it was WAY overdone.  I'm sure some loved it, but it was a 5K race, who needs a medal this big for a race that small. This medal was bigger and heavier than most of my marathon medals.

Running in for a strong finish.


No comments: